Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Story of a princess

I saw her sitting next to her window
Dangling her head out
Looking for somebody far coming
Her eyes were wide spread out

It’s being 2 months from now
I see her their everyday
It’s not that I always look for her
Her window is on my way

She rolls her eyes to both the corners
To take as much as she can in her eyes
Though she looks a bit dull from their
But she sits with whole lot of pride

I met a guy at the corner once
And asked what the story is behind
He wasn’t so sure about the fact
But he made the mystery unwind

He narrated the life of her’s
As some story in the book
I never had any interest
But I found myself hooked

She was the queen of the hearts
Way back in early days
When she moved the lives moved
Many hearts on her way were laid

She had that dignified aura around her
That no man ever tried to come near
Everybody had soft corner but
Nobody tried to do the dare

Then one day this prince arrived
A night in shining armor
He put his heart in front of her
He was a born charmer

She surrendered after lot of struggle
The prince was happy as he never been
The lady got prettier with his love
To get married she was keen

Prince promised to come back early
And she stayed back to wait
But he’s gone never to return
And she though he might get late

She sat there waiting for him to get back
He never arrived in the city again
She kept her hopes high as sky
To see him, but all in vain

Oh that’s so tragic for a human
To loose the love of his life
Nobody can deny the truth
Though it cuts like knife

The other day I saw a gathering
In front of her home
She died waiting their
That window became her dome

Every body wiped this fact as
A sad story with the expected end
Later I heard about the prince, who kept his promise
Though he died in battle settlement

I hope both souls must have met
Up above in the in the sky
She died with lot of hopes
Now and then I see her eyes

2 comments:

Silent Screamer said...

Fictional.. but indeed Love is eternal...

stellar said...

hmmm fictional...but at times ppl die in hope of good days..tht they can actually live the way they want or see the things the way they really wana see..i wish for all those so tht their wishes come true..