Friday, February 03, 2006

Wishing

I sit back and think
What all went by
When I was standing beside
All dead and numb

I could see all and everything moving
But could not move ahead
Or wave my hand to stop
The people or things I desired to stay

All passed, been a bygone for me now
And I cherish those smiles & tears
Which I treasure in this heart of mine
Which is locked with the keys unknown

I wish I could have held the time
From moving ahead leaving me behind
I could have stopped the motion of the earth
Rather moved the sun and the skies

6 comments:

Shashank said...

With time we need to move ahead, learn something good from past and start enjoying the present.

You shouldn't stop your world for people who don't care to stop for you.

If they can move ahead why not you. Just move on with life sweetie.

AR said...

you're good..i would like to see this sung by linkin park. that's all i gotta say !

AR said...

omg, your appreciation has left me dumb-founded !! :) Anyways, this was good stuff and I thot' of hearing it..may be you could give it a try ;)

Silent Screamer said...

Nice to see those words coming from Shanky! :)

AR said...

it wud be good to see ya more regularly in here

Neets said...

beautiful. i could completely relate to this poem. sometimes it feels like this life is urs but its control isnt. it just takes its own course.
the reason i ended up commin here is cos your profile sounded very much like me. well nice to meet you. :)